In order for people to know what pornography does to a person, here is just a small list of its deadly effects upon people young and old…
- It causes people to feel like their current spouse is not pretty or handsome enough.
- It causes them to look at the opposite and even same-sex in a lustful way.
- It causes people to justify their sinful actions before people and God.
- It causes kids to be disobedient to their parents.
- It causes them to sleep around and have sex outside of marriage.
- It causes them to commit adultery with people who are already married in affairs.
- It causes people to not get married, for they are already content with the images and videos they see online.
- It causes them to lead a secretive life of sin, while hiding in different places like the bathroom or cars to look at porn.
- It causes other addictions and bad habits to form in their lives.
- It causes them to do things that cause others to stumble in the faith.
- It causes marriages and families to break apart, which can lead to divorce.
- It causes their minds to be warped and to not think clearly in regards to other people.
- It causes darkness to seep into people’s lives and lures them further and further away from Christ.
- It causes people to be guilt-ridden and find no way to escape it.
- It causes people to no longer read or read less and less of the Bible.
- It causes people to not pray or pray less and less each day.
- It causes people to no longer do God’s will, or only do it when they feel it is forced upon them.
- It causes people to lose their salvation if not confessed and forsaken before death.
As you can see here, people who are addicted to porn are also doing many other things that are very harmful to them, others, and especially God. This is very sinful in nature. Because they are choosing to willfully sin before God they are not in right standing with Him. Doing this causes God’s wrath to fall down upon such people. Only if these people truly repent and are made clean before God, will mercy be given to them. Otherwise, the lake of fire is their final destination come death and judgment. Paul said, “for if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.” (Hebrews 10:26-31) We do not want to be found out doing things in this life that are sinful in nature. Especially come judgment day, when God can see that those actions were intentional.
God’s wrath is upon the wicked now and will be realized in judgment. It is very fearful to fall into the hands of the living God in this state of wickedness. So do as David said. “blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile. When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long. For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah. I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.” (Psalm 32:1-5) “For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me. For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.” (Psalm 38:17,18) And his son Solomon also said, “He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.” (Proverbs 28:13) So what are you waiting for, if you are one that looks at pornography? Your chance is now at salvation in Christ Jesus. If you confess your sins to the Lord Jesus, He will be happy to forgive you. But it must be sincere. This means a desire to forsake those sins and not return back to them. You do this by praying that God gives you a new heart with clean thoughts. Give into God and let go of things that are holding you back. This is what it means to be saved.
Let us pray:
Oh Lord, I thank You for Your hand in my life. I would not be where I am today if You had not freed me from my addictions and bad habits. Porn had almost ruined my life, my marriage, my family, my job, and my relationship with my friends. There was nothing going for me, but only shame and regret. I thought I was fine at the moment, while my pleasures were taken care of. As my lust was perked, I thought it made me happy, but in an instant, I knew I was very wrong. In these highs, it always came crashing down on me in utter guilt. I hated feeling like this but didn’t have any way out. If You had not rescued me, I don’t even know if I would still be married, have a family, or be alive. I was going downhill fast, but You heard my cries. In my confessions, You took my hand and raised me up. My past was erased and I could stand without guilt in my way. As I began to walk, I saw how merciful You were to a sinful man, such as I. I didn’t deserve Your love for me, but it didn’t matter, You loved me still. Only You would not give up on me, even though I had sinned so much over the years. I pretty much trampled over what You said is holy, but still, You had compassion upon me. Thank You, Jesus. Thank You, Lord. Thank You for this new heart. Thank You for this new mind. Thank You for my new eyes. You breathed in me the Holy Spirit and I can finally see You. My mind has been opened up to find true wisdom from on high. Even has my heart been filled with Your great love. No more lust fills me, but utter love for every person I meet. Wow. I am in awe. You such a good God. I praise You. I love You. Amen.