If anyone declares themselves saved and still walks willingly in sin, they are a liar and are only fooling themselves. Please know that there are specific sins that will keep a person out of heaven. 5That is, if a person is willfully doing any of these things. The Bible mentions specific things that will send a person to hell. Belief is not enough, for a change of heart must occur in one’s life to be saved. You can walk apart from a life of sin, through the help of God. He is all powerful and can move us to live differently. What is mentioned below has scripture references along with them. Please make mention the different sins and their definitions. Think about each sin, as you read the word and definition. Think about how God feels about these things, when we do them. Know that it hurts God severely when we sin and walk away from Him. Now think about how God cannot allow people who do these things into heaven. We all sin but an acknowledgement of it and repentance to God is necessary for salvation. Only God can free us from these things. Check out the list below and if you are doing any of these things, then repent today before it is too late. You may be doing one or two or more of these things now but through the Lord Jesus, you can be set free. Here are the different sins that will keep a person from heaven and will ultimately send them to hell if no repentance is made.
1. 6Abominable: 1Sowing discord among brethren.
2. 3Abusers of themselves with mankind 7(Greek: arsenokoites; arsen = adult male; koitai = bed). An adult male who practices sexual intercourse with the same sex partner ,young or old. Therefore, abusing their bodies with another sexually. This is generally referred to homosexuals, sodomites, or pederest.
3. 3,4Adultery: Sexual intercourse with a married person or as Jesus said, to look upon 2“on a woman to lust”. This happens, not only when we see somebody we think is attractive and then lust after them, while in person, but also, over the internet or magazine. Pornography is the biggest issue of adultery we have now in this generation.
4. 3Covetous or Envy: Desire wrongfully things of others. We wish for things that other people have.
5. 3,4Drunkenness: Drinking to get drunk. To have a good time at the bars. To uncontrollably drink.
6. 3Effeminate 7(Greek: malakos). The passive male partner in homosexual intercourse–‘homosexual.’
7. 4Emulations: To surpass another person’s achievements or imitate another person.
8. 3Extortioners: To blackmail somebody out of their money or possessions. People also expose embracing things about somebody lest they get what they want.
9. 6Fearful: These are those that fear to lose their life or property. They also refuse to accept Jesus and are now fearful for judgement.
10. 3,4Fornication: Sexual intercourse with a person that is not married.
11. 4Hatred: To be angry with somebody and have a great dislike towards them. Some of these people even wish harm on somebody because of what happened.
12. 4Heresies: To continue to believe in something that is in odds with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Some of these people share these lies, so that people in the faith may fall. Even false doctrines come about because of heresies. This happens when people add to the Bible and misinterpret it.
13. 3,4,6Idolatry: To worship idols, even cult images or statues of saints or Mary. This can also mean putting others ahead of God in your life
14. 4Lasciviousness: Sexual thoughts for another. This can be when thinking of them or while talking with them on the phone or in person.
15. 6Liars: To tell lies. This can be to get out of something, to get gain, or just for fun.
16. 4,6Murders: To kill someone. Jesus also said, if a person 2“is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment.” This means also, to not call people names, including a fool.
17. 4Revellings: To be disorderly, rebel, riot or make merry. To take great pleasure in what is evil.
18. 3Revilers: To scold or be angry with somebody. This can include abuse to children and being ill tempered.
19. 4Seditions: To stir up a revolt or disturbance. To create violence against what is lawful. Some people go so far as to sabotage something important.
20. 4Strife : To be angry and bitter with someone. You are in disagreement over issues of faith and are in conflict with God.
21. 3Thieves: To steal. To obtain something illegally from someone, in order to gain what you need or desire.
22. 6Unbelieving: To not believe in Jesus, though a person had the opportunity to believe and be saved. However, the person decided to live their own life and walk away from God.
23. 4Uncleanness: To walk against God’s laws. This causes a person to become impure and unholy in God’s sight.
24. 4Variance: To deviate from the teachings of Jesus. To live differently than what the Lord taught in the Bible. Therefore, your beliefs are inconsistent with God’s holy Bible.
25. 6Whoremongers: To have dealings with prostitutes or be sexual promiscuous with other woman or men.
26. 4,6Witchcraft or Sorcery: To be a part of or practice black magic, invoking spirits of the dead, soothsayer. Some people turn to what is called Wicca. Watching this stuff on TV or in person is participating.
27. 4Wrath: To stir up strife. To have extreme anger towards somebody. An act of rage.
Once we all realize that these sins, mentioned in the Bible, are wrong, it is good to turn from it and repent. No longer live in sin but give it all to God. Only He can cover our sins by the blood of Jesus and help us to walk differently. I am a walking example of someone that once lived in adultery, fornication, lasciviousness and was a whoremonger. Sexual sin was my addiction and I was drawn to it. If it wasn’t having sexual relations with other woman, when I wasn’t married, or adultery when married and pornography, I did it all. My desires were uncontrolled and therefore I gave myself over to whatever the flesh desired. However, each time I did this there was resentment. Pain and guilt was upon me. Shame built up so much that depression kicked in. I was lost in my lust and had no way out of it. I knew about God but didn’t think He could ever forgive a person like me. I felt this way for many years. However, all that changed, one night, when I sincerely prayed to God. In that prayer, I confessed that I was a sinner, and needed His help. I was lost and needed a Savior. I asked the Lord to deliver me from my addictions. That was when God’s presence rested upon me. He had come and cared for me that night and gave me peace. Since then, He has never stopped helping me and showcasing His love. And now, I’ve given my life to Christ and am a new man. I no longer walk in sin but in the light of Christ. I also know that any of you can be made free from your willful sins, if you repent and trust in Jesus.
Let us pray:
Oh Lord, help us to not walk in sin but to follow You. Give us the strength to resist temptation and to live inside Your love. We know that we are not able to do Your will without Your hand in our lives. Therefore, we plead for You to send the Holy Spirit to be our guide. Pick us back up when we are down. Lead us back into Your love, when we fall. Break us free from all addiction. Encourage us to read the Bible daily and to pray for answers. I trust in Your Words, for they give me understanding. Help me to always look to You in faith. And as I read the Bible, strengthen my faith more and more, that I may know the truth and become strong to resist every evil situation I am put in. I trust in You for salvation. There is no one else that has the power to save. Therefore, I look to You in faith. Thank You for showing me what is evil and what is good. Now help me to not fall into any of these sins that will keep me out of Your kingdom. I do not wish to have these things in my life. I do not wish to be defiled and become unclean before You. I need Your holiness. I need You every day of my life. I need You Lord. I love You. Amen.
Let us read the Bible:
Note: Any Numbered References, found above, are listed below.
1Proverbs 6:16-22 (KJV)
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
20 My son, keep thy father’s commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
21 Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.
22 When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.
2Matthew 5:21-28 (KJV)
21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
31 Corinthians 6:9-11 (KJV)
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
4Galatians 5:19-27 (KJV)
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
5Hebrews 10:26-31 (KJV)
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
28 He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
6Revelation 21:1-8 (KJV)
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.